Amplicon’s Industrial Computing division has released the next generation of Ventrix and Impact-R industrial grade computers delivering the latest high performance Intel Core i5 and i7 based power efficient 32nm designs, with an enhanced range of features such as remote system management.
The new systems offer greatly improved performance over previous generations, based on new 32nm processor architecture with an integrated DDR 3 memory controller providing reduced memory latency and greatly increased memory bandwidth.
The end result is an incredible 65% performance improvement when compared with previous models, making the new generation ideal for today’s cutting edge industrial applications where system performance is paramount.
Coupled with the significant performance benefits of the i5 & i7 processors, the Amplicon systems also have a number of new features, further enhancing system functionality and versatility.
- Remote System Management: Systems can be remotely managed using Intel Active Management Technology (iAMT), which allows direct access to system hardware over a network, including power cycling, reset, boot device redirection for system recovery and full remote desktop control to bios level fully independent of the OS. All of which means entire installations of systems can be easily maintained and monitored remotely.
- Trusted Computing: The new range of Ventrix systems also support TPM (Trusted Platform Module) that allows the system to generate secure cryptographic keys that can only be unencrypted by the TPM, making the systems ideal for use with encrypted applications, such as full disk encryption software like Microsoft Bitlocker.
- New Display Interface:The new Impact-R platforms also feature a new display port interface to compliment the standard VGA output, providing high resolution digital display support for the systems.
The new Core i5 and i7 processors used within the systems aren’t just faster, they provide intelligent and scalable processing, providing performance exactly where its needed, even for older applications, by utilising several key technologies;-
- Intel Turboboost maximises speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating clock speeds to match your workload, which provides particular performance benefits for older legacy applications that make less use of multi-core processing.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology delivers two processing threads per physical core doubling the number of available threads for massive computational throughput. This technology allows each core of the processor to work on two tasks at the same time, providing exceptionally fluid multi-tasking.
- Intel Smart Cache is a shared cache dynamically allocated to each processor core, based on workload. This efficient, optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from the fast cache, significantly reducing latency to frequently used data and improving performance.
Contact the Amplicon industrial computing specialists for more information on the new Intel Core i5 and i7 powered range of Ventrix and Impact-R systems.